The undisputed king of colors: BLACK





A bunch of us were sitting at a pub recently and a rather interesting topic came up: colors. It started with the color scheme of somebody’s new house and went into areas like importance of various colors in different cultures, how colors can affect a person’s mood and what a world without colors would be like. For me, it was rather nice for all of us to talk of something so real after a month of talking about nothing but football!

I won’t go into the details of some of the points that came up but want to definitely recount something that stayed in my memory from that conversation. One friend who loves red said that because red is such a bright and vibrant color, it has to be the ‘queen’ of all colors. Another friend asked her what are the qualities of a queen that ‘red’ meets, so she said: exciting, full of life and attractive. In response to this, a friend said something very fascinating. He said that if those are the qualities of a queen, then the qualities of a king have to be:

charming,
mysterious
solid.

I asked him why. He said that people need to look at their king and feel an immediate sense of respect, an immediate sense of aura around him as well as this unknown mysterious quality. Then we decided to play a little game. We all took a small piece of paper each and wrote down the color that symbolized all these qualities of a king.

Guess the color that everyone UNANIMOUSLY wrote as the color of a king, symbolizing all strengths like charisma, charm, mystery and dependability?

Yes. It was the king of colors, the color BLACK.

Isn’t it amazing how all of us converged on the decision that black is that unsaid uncrowned king of colors, full of rich dark mystery and respect? To add to this slight seriousness, take the black of the suave suits that Shahrukh Khan wears at literally ALL film function and you have a dash of sexy!


Now add a pinch of the ultra sleek Little Black Dress that Anne Hathaway wore at the Oscars luncheon, and you have a dose of gorgeous.

 
With this, if you mix the foot-tapping tunes of the music band Black-eyed Peas, you have a whole new rush of fun! So, there you go! Black can be so much and more!


Given how convinced I am that Black is the king of colors and has all the desired qualities, you won’t be surprised that there are some highly desirable objects that I might want, in nothing else but black? What are these objects, you ask? Well, let me list them down, one at a time.

The sultry black Bat mobile

Yes, that sexy, sophisticated bazooka of a vehicle that spells nothing deep dark mystery and the ultimate in automobile functionality!


Ever since the day, as a little girl, I saw a batman movie, I was hooked to his lethal capabilities. He saved the world, hidden behind a mask, a good Samaritan who cared for no personal fame but only the good of others – how can one not look up to such a man, especially if the ‘one’ is a girl, and that too one besotted by the good Samaritan’s good looks. But a large part of my besotted-ness was because of that extra something that Batman had. Yes, it was his sassy Batmobile!The super awesome, super fancy, the gadget-laden car is used by Batman in his crime-fighting activities.

If I get to own the Batmobile, I will also be the best Samaritan, the hidden massiah. I will help people and then swooosh away in my gadget-rich car. Nobody will know who is this mysterious Canary, who leaves no trace, only good deeds! Now, do you blame me for wanting a piece of that mean machine?

Black hole, thrilling astronomical phenomenon

Yes the same one propounded by the genius known as Stephen Hawkins. A Back hole is a region of space-time from which nothing can escape, whether objects or light. A black hole doesn’t have any fixed shape. It is what remains when a star dies. a highly compressed and massive core.


Ever since I read that brilliant book called ‘A brief history of time’, I remember wondering about the magical world of Black holes. Such an ingenuous concept – so unheard of, unthought of! I wondered what it would look like if I managed to get close to it enough to be able to lay my eyes on it. I wondered what it would feel like if I touched it, what it would sound like and smell like.

So here’s my wild fantasy now – I want to own a Black Hole! Yes, one all for myself. While it will retain all its properties and unique features, I will decide what it does, who it traps and what it holds. I may build a house in it (Yes, surprise surprise!) or a school for children interested in astronomy. I may hold film screenings there, or have a great dance party! Anything that I do, I'm sure that the mysterious and fascinating structure of Black Hole will add an extra edge to my plans and hopes!

The black book of Ranbir Kapoor!

If you didn’t know what is a black book, let me tell you! A black book is that one that has a list of secret contacts, or of the names of people involved in something mysterious like those with whom the person has illicit affairs!


In the case of gangsters, police wants their black book for finding details of the crime – and you will know this if you have watched any good mafia movie from Hollywood or read a decent crime thriller novel. But I'm not interested in all that. I'm interested in getting black book of our very own Bollywood heartthrob! So now that you know what’s a black book, guess what all can I find in Ranbir Kapoor’s black book? And no my intention is not to blackmail him because I think he’s very talented, my intention is just to find some really juicy information and have a good laugh with my friends. Of course its another matter that I'm sure ill be flooded with requests for numbers of Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone and the other pretty lasses after that, and that I may supply if treated to a fancy lunch.

The black box of all airplanes that have crashed

Wikipedia says that, a black box or a flight recorder is an electronic recording device placed in an aircraft for the purpose of facilitating the investigation of aviation accidents and incidents. There are two common types of flight recorder, the flight data recorder (FDR) and the cockpit voice recorder (CVR). In some cases, the two recorders may be combined in a single unit. Flight recorders are required to be capable of surviving the conditions likely to be encountered in a severe aircraft accident.

Now even though a black box is not really ‘black’, but rather a bright ‘orange’ so that it can be seen easily, I think it’s not a coincidence that it called a ‘black’ box. In fact you will AMAZED and INTRIGUED to know that the origin of the term "black box" is uncertain. It is an informal and imprecise term, almost never used within the flight safety industry or aviation. So here we have this world class technology, and it is called by a mysterious name that nobody knows the origin of! What more do you need to prove that there is nothing else that says MYSTERY better than black! If they didn’t want dark, hidden, mystery, they would have called it a ‘pink’ box or a ‘lemon-green’ box – but no. they wanted something that arouses interest, something that denotes seriousness with a hint of the unknown – and what did they name it? A BLACK BOX.


But what will I do with it? After the recent Malaysian air tragedies and seeing the pain of the family members and the speculations from everybody else, I feel that if I can get access to the black box of these planes, I may be able to find some clues. The second tragedy seems to have happened without any fault from the Malaysian side, but I'm wondering if there is some clue that may help solve some other mystery. The first flight’s black box ofcourse is the most sought after because of the innumerable conspiracy theories surrounding it!

Black Knight satellite with its unsolvable puzzles

There has to be so much talk of the magical, the mysterious and conspiracy, that the fifth item I have picked to add to my BLACK COLLECTION is the Black Knight satellite. To quickly share with you as to what it is, an alleged object orbiting Earth in near-polar orbit that UFO-logists and fringe authors believe is approximately 13,000 years old and of extraterrestrial origin.


Throughout history there have been many instances where the media, UFO-logists, scientists and even some governments reporting that they have reported objects which are dark and tumbling in space. While I do agree, being a rational, that this might all be guess-work based on many different stories over time, I feel that IF THERE IS something like a Black Knight satellite, then I’d like to own it!

And why? Well, because if it is true then this will perhaps be the biggest news after the God particle. And being the person who owns it and has exclusive rights to it, I would be behind all the excitement, even to the extent of getting to name it! Right! So how does this sound – the Black Canary satellite? No… Okay, here’s another one – the Canary’s personal black satellite. No? Okay, last try – the black satellite of Canary the knight. Okay, I know this is the worst of the lot.

Or why don’t we do another thing? Why don’t you suggest the name of this spectacular satellite to me? And if I like the name suggested by you, I may even add a small part of your name to it! Deal? :)



This post is a part of #WhatTheBlack activity at BlogAdda.com 

(Images from handbag.com, indianexpress.com, bbc.co.uk, autoblog.com, ngm.nationalgeographic.com, skeptoid.com, barneys.com, wikipedia.com)

Comments

Popular Posts