Ahem ahem





The International Women's Day 2015 is observed 8 March ever year since the early 1900s to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women all across the globe. The theme for this year's women's day is "Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality.” (http://www.ibtimes.co.in)

There is nothing new that I can say to describe women that has not been said before. So let me start by quoting one of my favorite quotes:

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
— Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady of the United States.

Women have not had it easy. In this paternalistic world, things have come to them in challenging ways. And even not when the situation is a lot easier than what it was before, they do face tough challenges whether in public life or personal. In their personal lives, they often end up compromising and ‘adjusting’ to what comes their way. But why? I feel that today’s smart and sassy women have every right to demand things from their men. They should ask for promises and actions that they deserve. Do you agree?

Let me list three that I would like to demand from mine!

  1. You swear to love me, cherish me and honor me even though I do not allow you to watch a cricket match, even though it is an IPL or a T20, even though it is between India and Pakistan (Gasp!). Of course the list of such sports include football, tennis and basketball!
  2. You swear to feel (or at least act) extremely understanding and considerate when I blow an entire months’ salary on a bag or a pair of shoes or a new duvet.
  3. You will dutifully, happily and willingly eat everything I cook, even though it is of strange shapes, sizes and smells. You will not ask me what it is, where I found the recipe or what the steps I followed are. You will then obediently praise whatever has been cooked and presented to you, using the best words or phrases and volunteer to be the guinea pig for all my future cooking escapades too.
Now I need to, promptly, find him and make him read this post before the sacred women’s day is over, though I do know that women’s day or not the chances of these kasamas and vaadas to be accepted and implemented are fairly slim :D

But you know like a wonder woman once said:

If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. — Margaret Thatcher, former British Prime Minister.
*

 Watch Ranvir make some anti-boriyat kasams here :P


I’m blogging about the kasams I want from my man this Women’s Day with the #SadaSexy activity at BlogAdda!

Comments

Popular Posts